Inspiration from My Internet Wanders…
I’ve been obsessing over fonts for my new blog design for weeks… so the above piece of artwork struck my fancy while wandering the Newseum a few weeks ago… The good news is, the wonderful team at Wooden Spoons Kitchen is getting close to launching my new design… can’t wait to unveil it!
Let me share a few links that have helped get me in the holiday spirit here at House Morell:
Air and Space Museum holiday flash mob. So DC. So very cool.
Christmas cookies are one of my favorite things about the holiday season. I’ve scoured the Internet for fabulous new cookies for our annual holiday cookie exchange… here are a dozen of my faves:
- Sprinkle Cookies from Saveur
- Bacon-Fat Gingersnaps from the New York Times
- Cocoa and Coffee Palmiers from Real Simple
- Butter Walnut Cookies from Joy the Baker
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Mocha Brownies from Girl versus Dough
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies from Food and Wine
- Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies with Black Currant Jam from Blogging over Thyme
- Mini Black and White Cookies from Food52
- Linzer Trees from the New York Times
- Milk Chocolate-Dipped Hazelnut Sandies from Food and Wine
- Triple Orange Mexican Wedding Cookies from the Washington Post
- Dark Chocolate Macaroons from the Smitten Kitchen
How will I ever decide what to bake? Or perhaps I should simply bake them all?
If you would prefer pie to cookies, you must check in at MattBites, where he is featuring 31 Days of Pie. Oh My.
Looking for a good book? NPR assembled an amazing Guide to 2014’s Best Reads…
And a bit of a reality check…
This weekend, one of our favorite priests at Georgetown referenced this 60 Minutes piece on the World Food Programme’s efforts in Syria and the refugee camps in Jordan during his homily… Wow. It’s a must watch. It’s so easy to forget what’s going on in the rest of the world while we scurry about preparing for our holidays.
Wishing you peace and joy…