Links I Have Loved This Week…
Once again, I’m having technical difficulties with my computer… In fact, after losing an entire batch of lovely photos of apple spice muffins, it’s time to replace it. Which takes a bit of time.
I can report that the process of my re-design with Wooden Spoons Kitchen has officially begun. (so exciting!) This week we worked on the branding statement, which will guide the process. Here it is… What do you think?
After a decade of teaching technology – most recently to middle schoolers – MB decided to return to her writing roots with the blog Bourbon and Brown Sugar. She imagines welcoming readers into her kitchen “cafe” to share in her passion for food – from cocktails to sweet endings (and all points in between). The blog documents the recipes, often inspired by globetrotting, that have filled her kitchen and dinner parties for years – and to explore new recipes inspired by her vast (and ever-growing) collection of cookbooks.
Next week, I’ll have lots of posts (she said hopefully), but all I can muster at the moment is this Instagram pic from our visit to the Claude Moore Colonial Farm Market Days yesterday… and a few links I have loved this week:
- Just discovered the World of Wanderlust blog. Following!
- This book is going into my must-read pile
- Love these 12 Inspiring Quotes About Doing What You Love
- Turns out Helicopter Parenting is a global phenomenon.
- I love the idea of using blogging to live your best life.
- Enchanting paintings by Iris Grace, an autistic five-year old
- Could I walk my dog along this amazing path (in New Zealand?) Oh wait, I don’t have a dog.
- I’ve had so many great meals over the year at Old Ebbitt – a DC Institution… turns out it’s the third highest grossing restaurant in America.
- Come to think of it, the Dark and Stormy is an excellent Halloween Cocktail.
- But this fall cocktail looks amazing too…
- Oh my, these Double Chocolate Muffins from Two Red Bowls. Dessert for breakfast!
- Or, if I’d like to be healthier, perhaps this Date, Apricot and Walnut loaf.
- Vanilla Bean Caramel Pecan Bars? Yes please.
- Oh my goodness, pass the pumpkin sage alfredo with brown butter papparedelle!
- Have I mentioned Ina Garten is my hero? Turns out the folks at Bon Appeitit are huge fans as well.
- Or perhaps Laura over on Blogging Over Thyme, who created the Butter 101 playbook this week.
- Oh how I’m craving soup… Shall I make this one? or this one?
Ok, off to work on the new computer. Thanks so much for stopping by! You made my day….