September Links I Loved…
Time for my September Faves… Thought I’d broaden the links a bit this month. I’ve been having a think about what sorts of things to feature in my blog, and as my interests do extend beyond recipes, I thought I’d share a few favorite articles and ideas and book recommendations as well.
Let me know what you think… I’m tempted to do this every week…
It makes me so happy to report that No Kid Hungry has teamed up with William Sonoma. Love the spatulas and the cocottes:
Thanks Anne, once again, for guiding me to this blog to help find my life’s purpose.
Though my life’s purpose this week might be to simply watch hours and hours of Gilmore Girls (Thank you Netflix!). This may help to explain Why Are We So Obsessed with Gilmore Girls.
Credit Jeffrey Thurnher/WB
Recently discovered The Private Life a Girl blog. Love the simplicity of the posts. The Things I Wish I Knew About Blogging Before I Started was fun…
Had great fun with the Banned Word List on Eater National. (I’m feeling a need to print it out and keep in handy…)
I am a Marquette University Alum. So was James Foley. I can’t seem to stop thinking about him, his extraordinary family, and those still involved in the turmoil in that corner of the world. His family has set up a fund to honor his memory.
If you loved The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler as a kid, you will adore Under the Egg. (I have this obsession with reading books actually intended for Middle Schoolers… )
Have I mentioned why no longer link to Amazon?
That’s OK, because I’d rather spend a couple hours browsing at Politics and Prose that anywhere else in DC…
Couldn’t put The Girl You Left Behind down last week. Love JoJo Moyes.
Oh wait… you were looking for some food links? Here’s a Baker’s Dozen of my Recent Faves:
- Deb Perlman over at the Smitten Kitchen proving yet again she is a genius with latke waffles. Oh my..
- Or perhaps this stunning Pain au Raisin for breakfast? Sarah, you rock.
- Now THIS is soup... wow.
- Carrot, Tomato and Coconut Soup – bonus – beautiful new baby pictures.
- And These breadsticks! (I could make them with the soup) This website!
- Macadamia, Leek and Rosemary Sausage Rolls. So happy.
- Fall comfort food in the form of Sweet Roasted Pepper, Leek, Thyme and Pancetta Rigatoni. Yum.
- I am in love with the new Huckleberry Cafe Cookbook, and this chocolate chocolate teacake is high on my list to make first.
- Love these Pumpkin Spice Latte Popsicles.
- The photography on Circa Happy is stunning…
- Love the Stuffed Tomato Focaccia on Seasons & Suppers
- Beef Short Ribs with Bootlegged Michigan Cherries on Peppery Rosemary Cornmeal Biscuits. Must try the recipe.
- Oh my goodness, what could be more fun than 25 Crazy Fair Foods You Can Make at Home?
That was fun… maybe I should do this every week.